We close out 2016 with a deep sense of gratitude and appreciation for everyone’s support for Stable Hands.
The 2017 season will be upon us before we know it. Rider packets have been mailed out. If you did not receive one and are interested in joining us, please call or stop by our office. If you are interested in learning more about what we do or would like an application packet, call our office at 530.842.3082. We are in the office Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am to 1pm. 1011 Fourth Street, Suite 3, Yreka. Or go to our forms menu, client information, and download the paperwork. See you at the ranch.
We had a wonderful 2016 Stable Hands season. We increased the number of participants served, hired two new instructors, and added a couple of new horses to the herd. We will compile the stats and get them posted soon. And we had wonderful supporters in 2016. THANK YOU to all that have donated and provided their support to Stable Hands. Our October 2nd event and our Year-end Rider and Volunteer Celebration were tremendous. A BIG SHOUT OUT to Courtlyn Rice, a Yreka High School Senior who made Stable Hands her Senior Project. She facilitated a fundraiser during our Year-end Celebration that has netted over $12,000. Thank you Courtlyn on behalf of all of our riders, staff, and volunteers. You rocked our lives!!
Your chance to support Stable Hands is still there. we are participating in the Giving Tuesday event on November 29 hosted by the Shasta Regional Community Foundation. We were pleasantly successful last year and hope to build on that success this year. See below for more information.
I am also happy to announce that Stable Hands has hired a new Executive Director. Gretta Brown will be replacing me. We look forward to her leadership. It has been an honor to have been the Executive Director these past 18 months and I am appreciative for the trust everyone had in me. Thank you.
Jay Perkins, Outgoing Executive Director
Fun fall for all
We added two wonderful new instructors this fall, Sam Gemaehlich and Lauren Sweezey. They were a delightful addition and our riders took to them almost immediately. Thank you Erin, Sam and Lauren for a great fall. And of course a big thanks to our wonderful volunteers.
Stable Hands is once again participating in the Giving Tuesday Event. In 2015 we raised over $14,000 and had 114 donors. This year we are striving for over 200 donors and $20,000. And you can help:
- Encourage your family, friends and neighbors to support the work we do at Stable Hands by making a donation at northstategives.com on Tuesday November 29th between the hours of 6am and 6pm
- We will be in our office if you would like assistance in making an online donation or need to access a computer. 1011 4th Street, Suite C. Join us for a cup of coffee and a treat.
Other things of note:
- Donations made at northstategives.org on November 29th will be eligible for a boost from Incentive Pool funds and will help nonprofits win additional prizes.
- North State Giving Tuesday is a part of a worldwide Giving Tuesday initiative – first Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
- North State Giving Tuesday is brought to you by Shasta Regional Community Foundation, Redding Bank of Commerce, and United Way of Northern California
“I Know a Place”
I know a place that changes lives
Hands them the reins and freedom to fly
Riding atop gentle giants
Who care nothing more than to please their clients
Everyone leaves with a smile and warm heart
Horses fix things that have fallen apart
No matter how broken a person may be
Stable Hands has the power to set them all free
Written by Marie Potter and Meg Johnson[clear]